One Day Tour to Visit the Main Sites of this Historic Port City
The city of Veracruz sits in the tropical lowlands of the state of Veracruz adjacent to the waters of the Gulf of México. Year-round it is visited by gigantic container ships sliding into the harbor ready to be unloaded and then repacked with goods for delivery to far distant lands. The city itself is a lively mix of African, Caribbean, Cuban, and Spanish cultural influences. In the evening, the main plazas are filled with people, live music, food, and on occasion, dancing. Remnants of old fortifications can be found in this city which helped to defend its people from hostile takeover. Throughout its history, the city saw many battles and was overrun by other conquering countries. Today, Veracruz is a peaceful yet vibrant city to be explored and enjoyed.
- Full Day Tour with a Local English/Spanish Speaking Guide
- Private Pickup at your Hotel in the City of Veracruz or Boca del Rio
- Explore San Juan de Ulúa Fort at the Harbor Entrance
- Wander the aisles of the Hidalgo Market
- Climb to the top of El Baluarte de Santiago Fort and Learn about its History
- Tour the New Interactive Veracruz Naval Museum
- See the City Center, Main Church, and other Important Historical City Locations
You will be picked up in the morning at your hotel in Veracruz by one of our local bilingual (English/Spanish) guides. Your tour will start with a visit to San Juan de Ulúa; a massive fortification built in the harbor to protect the city from foreign invaders and pirates. Later, it was used as a prison. Next, you will travel back to the city of Veracruz to walk the many stalls of the Hidalgo Market Place where fresh produce, meats, fish, clothes, religious items, and much more are sold. Not far away, you will find El Baluarte de Santiago which is an old fort in the center of the city, Parque Zamora, and the new interactive Veracruz Naval Museum. Lunch (not included) will be at a typical local restaurant. Included in your private day excursion will be a walking tour of the central district of Veracruz where you can “people watch” in the main square called, Plaza de Armas. It is there you will find the Catedral de la Asunsión, sidewalk restaurants, and musicians. At the conclusion of the trip, your guide will return you to your hotel.
1 adult: $132
2 adults: $79 /adult
3-6 adults: $69 /adult
Children 6-11: $35 /child
Note: All trips listed about are in US dollars. Larger groups can be accommodated. Please contact us for special pricing.
Included in Tour FeeIncludes: Pickup at your hotel, local bilingual tour guide, all entrance fees, tour as advertised, all taxes, dropoff at your hotel in the city of Veracruz or Boca del Rio
Not Included in Tour FeeNot Included: Lunch, guide tips
What to Bring
- Rain poncho (just in case)
- Hat for protection from the tropical sun
- Comfortable walking shoes
Note: For your protection, your tour guide will have a basic first aid kit for any unforeseen minor bumps & scrapes. He or she will also have emergency numbers for local medical facilities.
- 48 or more hours prior to trip - 100% refund
- 24-47 hours prior to trip - 50% refund
- 0-24 hours prior to trip - no refund
- Full refund if your tour guide deems it necessary to cancel the trip because of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances
On our tour of the city of Veracruz, we walked around at night and I felt safe. Families were strolling and there were little kids running around. Veracruz is just full of culture. It's beautiful!